Core Beliefs





Core Beliefs


Chemistry is an invaluable subject in modern times and chemical literacy is essential for good citizenship.


Chemistry knowledge is attainable by all people.


Mistakes are an integral part of the learning process and should be embraced but not repeated.


The key to successful education is hard work by both student and instructor alike.








Monday, August 22, 2011

New Semester, New Building, New Challenges!


     As I write this, I have been prepared for a new semester of my adjunct teaching for several days.  I have prepared as much in advance as I can, assembled grade books, prepared new handouts, uploaded content to the LMS system, etc.  However, this semester there are two really big unknowns:  a brand new Math and Science building, and a bunch of new technology! 
     It is hard for anyone to prepare for these changes, but it is especially hard for adjuncts.  Most of the time, adjuncts are not privy to the information full-time faculty receives.  For example, I was not even sure of the existence of the rumored smart boards until I had a chance to catch-up with a full-timer.  Also, I have heard rumors about better computer access by students.  This could really change my preparations! 
     So as we begin the new semester, it will be a learning curve for all: students and faculty alike!  We just need to stay focused and stay on top of the changes and the challenges.
     And for me, the preparations for the new business are coming along nicely.  This is another challenge that I am personally facing this semester and I really cannot wait to get up and running!  So have a good semester and keep a look out for more business and education posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment